Owl Night – Carson Cooman Organ Music vol. 7
$12.00 – $20.00Available 16 March, 2018
Carson Cooman is many things musical – organist and Composer in Residence at the Memorial Church, Harvard University; writer, critic and consultant, concert organist, and above all a highly prolific composer of music in a wide variety of genres, from orchestral to song.
His organ compositions come in many styles, from liturgical models, to more gritty and substantial pieces such as his organ symphonies and preludes and fugues. The music in this programme, all composed in 2016 and 2017, is varied and consists of concert pieces (though suitable for church use) as opposed to explicitly liturgical works.
Erik Simmons is a fine organist, making his seventh Cooman organ album for Divine Art. He is playing the Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Abbey of Saint-Etienne, Caen, France in a live performance recorded through the Hauptwerk system.
This is volume 7 of this highly praised series. Volumes 8-10 have been recorded and are scheduled for release later in 2018.
Carson Cooman (b.1982):
- Two Mantras – I. Meditation (In paradisum)
- Two Mantras – II. Postludium (Deo gratias)
- Owl Night
- Concerto piccolo in memoriam Eberhard Kraus – I. Capriccio
- Concerto piccolo in memoriam Eberhard Kraus – II. Arietta
- Concerto piccolo in memoriam Eberhard Kraus – III. Chorale (Scholion)
- Cantio mystica
- Ricercare in epidiatessaron
- Fantasia solenne
- Fantasia pro organo pleno
- Preludio maestoso
- Preludio con ostinato
- Preludio staccato
- Preludio quasi eco
- Preludio festive
- Toccata, Aria and Finale