Theatre Royal Vol. 2 – American Classics II (2CD)
Sir Ralph Richardson stars in five dramas adapted from American classic tales, first broadcast in the UK in 1952-3, and favorites with American radio listeners. Henry James’s “Four Meetings” was published in 1877 and his other two tales in 1888. “The Black Mate” is Conrad’s very first fictional work dating from 1886, while “The Tale” dates from 1917 and is Conrad’s only story of World War I.
This remastered recording is strictly copyright. All rights (including broadcast rights) reserved.
- Joseph Conrad: The Tale (18:32)
- Joseph Conrad: The Black Mate (17:43)
- Henry James: The Aspern Papers (18:11)
- Henry James: The Liar (18:56)
- Henry James: Four Meetings (27:10)