Schumann & Brahms: Variations
ANDREAS BOYDE reaches to the heart of the Germanic compositional tradition with these sets of variations by Schumann and Brahms. The Schubert variations were never completed by Schumann, despite several attempts, and the piece has been reconstructed from the manuscripts and completed by Andreas Boyde; this is its first ever recording.
Former catalogue number ATHCD23
- Variations on a Theme by Clara Wieck “Impromptus”, op. 5 (14:51)
- Variations on a Theme by Beethoven (15:03)
- Variations on a Theme of Schubert (“Sehnsuchtswalzervariationen”) (7:32)
- Variations on an Original Theme (“Geistervariationen”) (10:40)
- Variations on a Theme by Schumann, op. 23 (19:08)