Cooman: The Cloak with the Stars
$11.49 – $18.00
Carson Cooman is many things musical – organist and Composer in Residence at the Memorial Church, Harvard University; writer, critic and consultant, concert organist, and above all a highly prolific composer of music in a wide variety of genres, from orchestral to song.
His organ compositions come in many styles, from liturgical models, to more gritty and substantial pieces such as his organ symphonies and preludes and fugues. Much of the music here, tonal and accessible though never lacking in complex chromaticism, was written for and dedicated to the German composer Andreas Willscher whose works Cooman is also recording for Divine Art.
Erik Simmons is a fine organist, making his sixth Cooman organ album for Divine Art. He is playing the Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Abbey of Saint-Etienne, Caen, France in a live performance recorded through the Hauptwerk system.
This is volume 6 of this highly praised series. Volume 7 is scheduled for release in March 2018.
- Three St. Francis Legends – I. St. Francis Divests Himself of All Worldly Wealth
- Three St. Francis Legends – II. St. Francis and the Sermon to the Birds
- Three St. Francis Legends – III. St. Francis and the Wolf of Gubbio
- Piccola fantasia francescana
- The Cloak with the Stars
- Entrata festiva
- Diptych for New Life – I. Aubade
- Diptych for New Life – II. Toccata
- Sketch No. 3
- Ciaccona angelica
- Variations on a Theme of Andreas Willscher
- San Andreas Suite – I. Carillon in festo S. Andreae apostoli
- San Andreas Suite – II. Versets on a Melody from Perigord
- San Andreas Suite – III. Pastorale mit einem Orgelpunkt
- San Andreas Suite – IV. Toccata perigourdine